- formation of severe swelling of the mucous larynx, trachea and epiglottis
- staining of the mucosa of the larynx in a bright red color
- identification seal with accumulated blood
- appearance of pain during swallowing
- appearance of drycough, later complemented form sputum
- body temperature rise
- weakness organism
- increased dryness in the throat and the appearance hvstva sore
- severe headache
Development laryngitis in children can pose a serious danger, and this is due to the fact that increases the chance of developing such diseases as false croup.
When it progresses in the child’s body, there is a strong puffiness in the mucous membrane of the larynx, as well as the appearance of severe spasm of the musculature.Such a pathological condition can lead to the development of choking, which can eventually result in an insufficient supply of oxygen to the brain.
With the progression of laryngitis in the patient often seen barking cough that brings a lot of discomfort and discomfort.Such a cough is dry and paroxysmal, and in its sound it resembles a dog’s barking.
Actually barking cough does not carry any physiological expediency, because it does not remove mucus from the patient’s body, nor does it perform any protective functions.However, it is able to deliver a lot of discomfort and inconvenience to the patient, and it is especially difficult to bear it in childhood.This is due to the fact that in children the muscles of the respiratory tract are much weaker than in the adult.
barking cough has its own peculiarities:
- is torturous and severely obsessive
- can cause respiratory arrest
- sometimes accompanied by bouts of emesis
- causes airway swelling and contraction
In the event that barking cough occurs in childhood, it causes difficulties with breathing and staining it in a rough tint.
With the development of severe swelling on the airways, the likelihood of their complete closure increases.
Usually there is a sudden appearance of barking cough and this causes an immediate request for help to a child specialist.
development of laryngitis may be accompanied by the appearance of dry cough, which is of two kinds:
- deep cough comes from the lungs;
- shallow – the cause of such a cough lies in the throat or in the trachea.
With laryngitis cough may be accompanied by painful attacks that never lead to productive coughing.With a narrow cough, there are uncomfortable sensations in the throat, which cause a lot of inconvenience.With this kind of cough, the voice is hoarse and painful pain occurs during the swallowing act.
Features of adult laryngitis treatment
Treatment of a disease such as laryngitis should be under the supervision of an experienced specialist.With this pathology, self-medication should be abandoned, since the development of severe laryngitis may require hospitalization of the patient in a hospital.
In order to speed up the recovery process, the patient is recommended to fulfill the following conditions:
- Compliance with complete voice rest, that is, throughout the entire period of treatment, the patient should abandon a loud speech and communicate with others only in a whisper or with notes.
- Compliance with a gentle diet, which involves the rejection of very hot or cold dishes, as well as from the use of carbonated drinks.In addition, it is necessary to comply with drinking regimen, and give preference to milk with honey or alkaline mineral water.
- Quit smoking not only for the period of treatment, but also for the entire recovery period.
- Maintain the necessary humidity in the patient’s room, and also a constant airing.
- Conducting local thermal procedures in the form of imposing an alcohol compress on the neck area or conducting steam inhalations.
- Applying mustard plasters to the chest area, as well as holding hot foot baths.
- Compliance with systemic cough therapy.
The initial stage of laryngitis is accompanied by the appearance of a dry cough that causes violent wheezing and noisy breathing.The main task in the treatment of laryngitis is to increase the productivity of cough, that is, it is necessary to cause the appearance of sputum.In the event that there is a transition of dry cough to wet, it is considered a good sign of the patient’s recovery soon.
In addition, cough treatment with laryngitis is aimed at eliminating any irritating factors that can affect the larynx and throat.
Usually, the treatment of laryngitis requires the appointment of medications, and only a specialist should deal with this.
laryngitis Treatment performed using the following drugs:
- Assigning means of the local actions, which include anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial agents.Usually, such medications are prescribed in the form of absorbable candies or sprays.
- Often the treatment is performed using expectorant drugs, the main ingredient of which is Muciltin, plantain or ivy.
- A good effect is provided by treatment with mucolytic drugs, based on carbocysteine, acetylcysteine or ambroxol.
- For severe dry cough with laryngitis, antitussive drugs are used, which contain butamyrate or codeine.
- Laryngitis refers to the pathology that is accompanied by the development of severe laryngeal edema, so often experts prescribe patients with antihistamines.
- For the bacterial nature of the disease, treatment with a special preparation in the form of an aerosol containing a local antibiotic can be performed.One of such effective medicines, allowing to quickly reduce the severity of the symptoms of the disease, is Bioparox.To conduct antibiotic therapy with laryngitis resorted only if the bacterial nature of the disease is confirmed or when previous methods of treatment did not bring the desired result.
When placing a patient in a hospital, the treatment can be carried out using the following methods:
- Assigning instillations that are an infusion into the larynx using a special syringe drug
- carrying out physiotherapy procedures such as UHF orElectrophoresis with novocaine
- in the development of laryngitis due to bowel pathology, an important role is played by maintaining a sparing diet and taking medications by loweringNIJ gastric acidity
When diagnosing chronic forms of laryngitis focuses on the elimination of those infections that provoke an aggravation of the disease.
Share with your friends!Be healthy!
Cough laryngitis is caused by inflammation of the mucous membranes. It is often associated with colds and infections, often scarlet fever, whooping cough, measles. Laryngitis develops when people got hypothermia or breathing polluted air, and by drinking cold drinks, Smoking, and frequent anguish voice.
Laryngitis may be a complication of colds. The main symptoms are: redness, swelling of mucous membranes.
In the acute form of laryngitis, the inflammatory process extends to the mucosa, not only the larynx, but trachea (laryngotracheitis). The process of inflammation accompanied by severe cough, possible phlegm.
In the presence of chronic laryngitis in patients there are frequent complaints of hoarseness, feeling of a sore throat, accompanied by cough. This form of the disease often develops as a result of repeated inflammation in the nose, throat. Chronic laryngitis develops as a professional disease (a profession that requires constant stress of voice), and even due to Smoking and alcohol abuse. With an increase in the inflammatory process all of these symptoms worse.
It is impossible not to agree that coughing is one of the most unpleasant symptoms that prevent a normal active life, and often exhausting person not only physically but also psychologically. Cough as a symptom of the disease is paroxysmal in nature. Cough uncontrollable, in connection with this cause the inconvenience associated with communication, conduct of work and cause discomfort to others.
Few people like to hurt, especially many of the symptoms of deliver certain inconveniences. The cough can be mild, caused by tickling in the throat, can if to tear the throat from the inside. The best way is always not the self or hope that “itself will pass”, and appeal to the specialist: only a doctor can figure out the cause of ailments, especially since the disease can be not only a laryngitis.
Cough laryngitis is manifested in different ways.
- Barking type of cough in most cases is accompanied by a wheezing noise in the chest, lack of mucus, the secretion is in this case in the treatment process, especially increased, for a successful and speedy recovery. Barking cough laryngitis is characterized by an increasing swelling of the mucous membrane. On the use of expectorants should consult with your doctor. Treatbarking cough expectorant and mucolytic doctors rarely allow.
- Dry cough in the initial stage of laryngitis has the property a few days later go into a productive, begins to appear the sputum. Symptoms include also a dead voice, swollen mucous and sore throat.
Treatment of cough proven methods
Dry cough to treat more difficult. Abundant warm drink is the best friend in the fight against cough. You can use the old-fashioned way – tea with raspberry or honey. This will soften the discomfort of cough, facilitate the withdrawal from the body of phlegm. Treatment of acute forms of laryngitis lasts more than two weeks. During treatment it is advisable to eliminate anything that can irritate the larynx.
Laryngitis used inhalation. Used drugs that inhibit the cough center. The composition of these medicines includes the following components:
It is also advisable to reduce the sensitivity of the mucosa of the respiratory tract to stimuli. It is not necessary to use mucolytic drugs, which are used to facilitate sputum discharge. It is worth noting that taking expectorants, along with your inhalations not guarantee a reduction in symptoms. Cough may briefly increase due to the liquefaction dried out and additionally depleted of mucus.
Doctors recommend a few days try not to talk, to drink plenty of warm fluids and refrain from Smoking, alcohol, cold and spicy food. To alleviate some of the symptoms, you can gargle with salt water.
The air in the room with the patient must be fresh, warm and moist (you can use a humidifier or put a basin of water). In addition, make it easier to transfer the disease gargling with infusion of sage, or chamomile.
When the first symptoms of the disease should consult a doctor. The best treatment can be prescribed only by a qualified technician. Antibiotics used only under strict prescription of a physician.
When the disease pharyngitis one of the symptoms is indicative cough.It can manifest itself in various forms of which will depend on the treatment of your actions.Typically, cough with dry pharyngitis, bronchial, throat, paroxysmal, long, night, characterized by cough and popёrhivaniyami.In any case, whatever you cough was not observed, the first thing is to consult a doctor, and, already relying on the information received, to make further steps in the treatment of cough with sore throat that will lead you to recovery.
Than to treat cough with sore throat?
pharyngitis When you just important to use as often as possible and more fluid.In this way, you can dilute the viscous sputum.Try to take into account the alkaline mineral water plan, which due to its chemical composition, helping to successfully secrete mucus, as well as significantly speed up the overall process of recovery of the body.
food during coughing with sore throat should be fairly easy, but contain a lot of calories.
Treat yourself coughing best is by inhalation, but not the kiddies up to the age of four years.For them, it all turns into a suffocating effect.
To treat cough with sore throat necessarily resorting to the mucolytic drugs plan, then expectorant drugs.Most often, to cure cough, pharyngitis caused when choosing Ambroksol bromhexine and ACC.
Dry cough with sore throat
As a rule, the most common manifestation of pharyngitis while it becomes a dry cough.What is it different from the rest?It is evident by the fact that when it is not released sputum, which greatly complicates the treatment.Often, such a cough is reincarnated in the form of a productive cough with sputum in sufficiently small quantities, but it is very viscous.
In fact, there is activated a defense mechanism of our body’s with you, who is fighting for his health and expels foreign bodies.These bodies will be here very phlegm, which contains only bacteria.
Such is dry cough is not necessary to remove at pharyngitis, it must treat it.Sometimes the cough is very much playing on the nerves of his perseverance and hard.With this cough with sore throat is very difficult to sleep, sometimes even brings up vomiting.For all this to somehow weaken, it is urgently necessary to transfer to the stage of productive cough.
not excluded cases where it is not necessary to treat cough with sore throat, it goes away on its own without the use of any drugs.However, most do not, and we suffer because of its complexity and persistence, as well as due to the viscous sputum.
Laryngitis treatment involves a comprehensive, methods and methods which are directly related to the etiology of the inflammatory process, the form of the disease.
Typically, light laryngitis treatment is gentle, spend it in an outpatient setting and recovery occurs within 7-10 days. This type is associated with respiratory diseases, which are the root cause. Also, laryngitis can be a consequence of scarlet fever, measles or whooping cough, then its therapy will be aimed at eliminating the underlying disease. Inflammatory process can be a consequence of professional activity (teachers, actors, singers), respectively, and therapeutic actions will differ from treatment methods of the disease of viral etiology.
Laryngitis treatment means only as directed by a doctor. Any independent action can lead to the transition of the disease into a chronic form. Especially inadmissible amateur, when symptoms are manifested in young children. Inflammation of the diphtheria etiology requires immediate medical attention, since it is possible to block the larynx and suffocation.
Typically, the treatment of mild laryngitis is the use of local anti-inflammatory therapy in the form of inhalations. Often inhalations are accompanied with course rinses of the throat and lubrication with special solutions.
The catarrhal form is susceptible to the action of regular procedures by means of aerosol irrigation with chlorophyllipt, which has a local antibacterial effect. Also effective are rinsing the throat with decoction of eucalyptus leaves (2 teaspoons brewed in a liter of boiling water, insist 30 minutes). It is recommended to drink plenty of warm liquids, hot, cold, irritating food should be excluded.
Drug treatment of laryngitis shows cases where there is a need to neutralize the stenosis (narrowing) of the throat and prevent the chronic stage of the disease.
Acute viral laryngitis treatment involves the following:
- Antibacterial preparations. Bioparox in the form of aerosol irrigation. This drug has a pronounced bacteriostatic effect, it neutralizes many pathogens of inflammation, and the drug acts not only on the mucous membrane, but also on the nearby airways (trachea and bronchi). The drug eliminates puffiness, and hence the stenosis of the larynx, lowers the permeability of small vessels of the throat. Erespal is also effective in the form of syrup or tablets.
- Antihistamines are effective if the inflammation has an allergic etiology, which is not uncommon in the spring-summer period. Loratadin, suprastin reduce the swelling of the larynx walls, thereby neutralizing stenosis. Antihistamines are often prescribed in combination with anti-inflammatory drugs, as a bacterial infection can join.
- Mucolytic drugs are prescribed for frequent and dry cough. Laryngitis treatment involves complex, so mucolytics are not the main medicinal method, rather they relieve symptoms. Effective are the following drugs – ambroxol, acetylcysteine, all codeine-containing drugs. Mucolytic drugs are prescribed in tablet form, but they are more effective in the form of syrups or when administered by inhalation.
- Antipyretics are prescribed at high temperatures, which is not characteristic of this disease. As a rule, paracetamol is prescribed in the form of syrups.
Laryngitis treatment can be more serious, with the help of antibiotics. Justified is the appointment of antibiotics for such manifestations of the disease:
- Sputum with pus;
- Erosive damage to the mucosa;
- Purulent process in the mucosa;
- Fibrinous-purulent process;
- Chronic form;
- Relapses in the inflammatory process for several months.
A good therapeutic effect is possessed by antibiotics of the third generation cephalosporins group – cefepime, ceftriaxone. The classical penicillin series is also effective, however, in the chronic form of laryngitis treatment involves a combination of carbapenems (broad-spectrum antibiotics), in conjunction with inhalation forms of antibacterial drugs, mucolytics and antihistamines.
Chronic prolonged laryngitis treatment involves using macrolides, which, in addition to having an antibacterial effect, well stimulate the immune system and are effective in combating the inflammatory process. Assign roksitromitsin, azithromycin, but these drugs are not used in the treatment of laryngitis in pregnant women and children under three years.
Activation of the immune system is achieved through the use of adaptagens and vitamin therapy. Ginseng, azalea, lemongrass in the form of tinctures are taken regularly for at least three weeks, even when the main inflammatory process is neutralized. Vitamin complexes are prescribed in parallel with antibacterial therapy to maintain the body’s defenses.
Laryngitis treatment can also take place in a hospital where all the necessary therapeutic measures will be carried out, including surgical intervention. This need arises in cases of severe puffiness of the larynx, with abscesses of the throat, with suspicion of life-threatening stenosis. As additional measures that reduce the load on bundles, a restriction in communications is recommended, the exclusion of conversations in a whisper. Light forms have a favorable prognosis in terms of curability, more complex species, especially lingering and chronic forms can develop into an oncological process. That is why when the first symptoms of inflammation need to consult a doctor, then the laryngitis treatment will have a successful and fairly rapid.
Found an error? Select it and press Ctrl + Enter.